Monday, January 4, 2010

What is a “Peace Trip”?

I am literally going to Bangkok, Thailand to earn a professional development certificate in Peace and Conflict Resolution. In early November (after starting the application process last February) I found out I was going to be a Rotary Peace Fellow studying with 23 other people from around the world at the Rotary Center for International Studies at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok. It is quite an amazing opportunity. Of the 23 people I will be studying with, seven are US citizens and folks from all over the world including places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Argentina, Poland, Australia, Canada and The Netherlands.

To learn more about the program go to www.rotary-chulu.org or to learn more about rotary go to www.rotary.org.

I will be living in student housing near the campus and the program is very academic, in class every day (taught in English). Part of the program includes a week long field study in Northern Thailand and also a week long field study in Nepal. The program is three months long starting in mid January and going until early April.

Harry (my husband) plans to come over in early April and we are going to travel for a month; not sure where yet. I’ll let you know when I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment