Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I made it!

I forgot how brutal that trip is. 30 hours of total travel time between my house and my room. Plus 12 hours time difference (ahead). So arrived about 2 a.m. this morning. My room is bigger than a dorm room but smaller than a hotel room. But it is barren like a dorm room. I can't really be bothered to make it that homey for three months either. . .

After sleeping for a bit I went for a walk checking out the campus and eating a bowl of noodle soup. I am so happy that you can eat noodles here for breakfast lunch or dinner! I then met a few of my fellow class mates and did some shopping for a few needed items.

I hope to get a full nights sleep tonight and then maybe be a tourist tomorrow before the orientation starts.

A quick note: I forgot what it feels like to be illiterate. . . it is so strange not being able to read! I can't even imagine going through life that way.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Em! What's the campus like? I went the University's website, but it didn't have many pictures. How are the running prospects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be checking your regular e-mail address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are there safe and sound. Can't wait for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily!
    Yeah, you made it! Glad you are there. I bet it is bizarre to be in a dorm-room type place. Sounds alright though. And, yes, will you be checking your regular email address?

    Can't wait to hear what your classmates are like. And, what is the temp?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I will be checking email regularly, I have internet access from my room so it will make it easy to keep in touch.

    It is hot and humid here, not sure what the temp is but it has to be at least 85, maybe 90.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH Emily!!
    Have an amazing adventure!!! Don't you at least need a coffee maker in your room?

    ReplyDelete