Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking ahead to 2010

Finally its 2010. A big relief to get 2009 over with. Now it is a time to look ahead. I leave to Bangkok in 9 days. I now have my plane ticket and my visa, most of my medicine and have partially packed. Since this is a Rotary program, I will have a host family there so I also have a bunch of gifts for folks, Rotary flags and pins from the club and district here in Michigan. I hope it all fits! I also have paperwork like you wouldn't believe. We have already received a reading assignment which I plan to do on the plane or my first week there. I also have to prepare a presentation on a conflict. I have decided to do it on Land Use issues in Petoskey. It will be more general since most of the issues create similar conflicts. So I also have been creating maps and data to bring with me, in between the rest of my work. I look forward to having only the program to focus on, it will be good for me.

So as you might have guessed, I have been too busy to really think to much about what I am getting into, which may be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment