Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rotarians




Above is my Rotary Host Counselor, Crystal. She is wonderful it has been fun getting to know her. Local Rotarian's act as host counselors for us, really just as a person to help us out if needed. It is also a nice connection into Thai culture. At the top is me with the Rotary Club of Don Muang in District 3350. They are a small club that meets in the evenings. I went to one meeting and did a short presentation and exchanged the Petoskey flag for the Don Muang flag.

I have spent some time with Crystal too and even attended a welcome party for a Hawaiian Group Study Exchange. This is the same program I went on to Japan and I tell you, it brought back a lot of memories. What an amazing experience I had and I kept thinking what an amazing experience they will have.
When we were on our field study we had two nice meals with Rotarians, one with the Rotary Clubs in Chiang Rai and one with the clubs in Chiang Mai. I am sure we will meet with Clubs in Nepal too. The rotarians are always so welcoming, generous and supportive.It is a great way to meet and understand local culture and issues. Thank-you Rotarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment